Game losing players
  • February 18, 2019, 04:10:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Game losing players  (Read 275 times)

DarthPlagues

• View Profile
Game losing players
« on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:32 pm »

I believe this is may be my first post in the forums but I thought it was important to share so the Devs can see and perhaps address the concerns I raised:

i filed a ticket with support as follows:

Hello,
      I am writing to ask how to end my weekly subscription. I have decided to no longer put my money into this game.

My reasons for my decision include:
      1. abuse of game mechanics that are being allowed by developers,
      2. rampant cheating that is being reported to the developers and yet being allowed to continue (free res, reborn troops)
      3. abuse of scripts by certain alliances that give them an unfair information advantage
      4. a bug that led to troops not leaving a castle as planned and being trapped to die

This game requires a great deal of time and dedication and I won't continue to play after w13 since the developers are
      obviously not interested in having a fair and equitable game.

The response I received from support was as follows:

Hi there,

No problem, you can cancel your subscription with us at any time. You can find the steps to cancel a subscription here.

If you have any problems doing so, please let us know.

Thank you for playing Crown of the Gods!

While I appreciate the answer to my question - I think it would better serve the game to actually address the concerns an active player/payer bought up.

I know lots of players have filed tickets about problems in the game and yet those problems are continuing to occur and perhaps being taken advantage of by dishonest players.

Star

• View Profile
Re: Game losing players
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:43:12 am »

No way, you mean to say you reported vague rumours of fictitious cheaty-hack-alt-script-exploit-bots to support, and they took it anything less than with the utmost seriousness?

My god, I cant believe it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:45:21 am by Star »

CoolAsIce00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:44:15 pm »

No way, you mean to say you reported vague rumours of fictitious cheaty-hack-alt-script-exploit-bots to support, and they took it anything less than with the utmost seriousness?

Make a proper post in forums and a ROAR player doesn't troll you ?

DarthPlagues

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:39:18 pm »

Hi Star and Cool,

Troll all you want - I've got big shoulders - but that is not going to help this game survive.

My point is that a paying customer is asking how to stop their automatic payment...   the devs should be asking how to keep paying customers

If one of my customers came to me and said they were dissatisfied, I would try to figure out why and attempt to remedy it (if possible).

CoolAsIce00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 12:16:08 am »

Back to the original post

1) Game mechanics abuse go two ways. There are no real "abuses", just different strategies or cheese tactics.

2) Cheating: Free res bug was only for a short time and was quickly resolved. Reborn troops - ROAR prolly has taken the most advantage of this by running naval every 3 days. However, they still lost so :grin:
- Anyways, it's a bug that does that abused (intentionally or unintentionally), so devs need to fix it.

3) It isn't abuse. It isn't the "alliances" that have info, but just players that take time to get that info. Eg: Instead of spending time writing each coordinate, you can have a script that gets all the coordinates on a continent. (Tho writing this takes more time the fist time around if you are consistently planning attacks it might save you time) Or creating sharestrings for naval attacks is usually extra work, but it makes it easier for the whole team to set attacks, so a planner should provide sharestrings.

4) That bug is just a small time-delay. Gordy either wrote inefficient code or is using cheap servers. He needs to fix it.

CoolAsIce00

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:17:27 am »

Hi Star and Cool,

Troll all you want - I've got big shoulders - but that is not going to help this game survive.

My point is that a paying customer is asking how to stop their automatic payment...   the devs should be asking how to keep paying customers

If one of my customers came to me and said they were dissatisfied, I would try to figure out why and attempt to remedy it (if possible).

The game needs fixing, thats for sure :D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:18 am »

A free resource bug still exists in the game, for what it's worth.

Empreror

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 11:34:20 am »

Ooh, a free resource bug makes me want to play again!  I must find it!

DarthP, it sounds like either you just want something for free or just need some attention. You got what you asked for, and you didnít ask for comfort and hugs. Btw, the game is in BETA and so the DEVS agree with you that there are still bugs in the game and are not hiding the fact. 

Star

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 12:58:38 pm »

Troll all you want

No trolling about it, DP. Think about it - when you literally just write to support "I heard a rumour there's a cheaty-hack-exploit-script - I'm quitting!" and give literally no other specifics about the cheaty-hack-exploit-script which support could actually use to investigate your claim, what exactly are they supposed to do?

The answer is, respond to the only real and tangible question that you actually asked them.

DarthPlagues

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 08:48:48 pm »

All fair criticisms - I chose not to name shame in the forum though I did include some screen shots with the original ticket I filed.

So, the game as is will continue it's slow death...

Empreror

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 09:08:08 pm »

Well, that makes sense then.   I havenít ever seen the DEVS naming names of cheaters either.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:10:16 pm by Empreror »

Adiera

• Community Manager
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 11:06:09 pm »

Hi DarthPlagues! I am not seeing any screenshots, or anything beyond what you copy/pasted above (minus some edits you added here), in the ticket you are speaking of. As Star points out, without more than what you gave us, it's impossible to investigate further. So, the question we were able to address is what we answered.

CoolAsIce00

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 05:59:11 am »

Hi DarthPlagues! I am not seeing any screenshots, or anything beyond what you copy/pasted above (minus some edits you added here), in the ticket you are speaking of. As Star points out, without more than what you gave us, it's impossible to investigate further. So, the question we were able to address is what we answered.

What are you doing about the bugs ? Naval bugs not fixed still. I haven't heard of anyone "cheating", but we're all tired of the bugs.

Adiera

• Community Manager
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 06:37:17 am »

The naval bug? As in the troops that should be dying, instead repopulating? That was fixed several days ago now.

CoolAsIce00

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 12:50:49 am »

The naval bug? As in the troops that should be dying, instead repopulating? That was fixed several days ago now.

I believe we had it again for portals. How about the gold bug, anyone fixed that ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up