Europe or US server? which to choose?
  • April 20, 2019, 09:05:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Europe or US server? which to choose?  (Read 245 times)

Lotosick

• View Profile
Europe or US server? which to choose?
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:07:42 am »

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering which server to choose next. I've been playing only in european servers and now it's 4th server in a row. I'm just wondering - which seems more fun? Where is more uncertainty of winner and more dedicated leadership (not just for 1 alliance, but overall). How do you feel of those servers?
Maybe someone, who has played in both, can share his/her experience?

Empreror

• View Profile
Re: Europe or US server? which to choose?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:53:15 am »

Just play them all.

Siolad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 01:33:00 pm »

Servers are like those fancy boxes of chocolate, you never really know what you are going to get. However, there are almost always two certainties In cotg.
1.   European servers are slightly less difficult than US servers because there are more players who can make better use of that time zone.
2.   US servers almost always have a higher concentration of players who are willing to dump more cash on a server than Euro servers.
Now with those two said, both servers can be exceedingly fun, and entertaining. I have played both, all the way back to very early LOU, and Euro servers are more laid back generally, US servers are more stressful and hardcore.
Leadership tends to be more of a crap shoot on both these days, even the greatest leaders falter. In reality, there are only perhaps at most 10-20 Good leaders in cotg, and most likely less than 5 great leaders in all the history of COTG. (that is my estimation by the way someone will chime in and say Im wrong its but that Is there estimation too.) The main leader of an alliance is not the end all be all of any alliance. Officers, co leaders, veterans are the real nuts and bolts of leadership. While the Leader may get all the press both good and bad, and some of that is due, Leaders are responsible for delegation, and ultimately utilizing the team they have to the best possible result (hopefully a gold crown, and the most fun server ever, or just the most fun server ever depending on the overall goals of the alliance). Generally speaking, an alliance that is just tossed together last minute from random players will not have the same organized structure and dedication as a team that has been together for years.
The truth of it all is exactly what Emp just said, as it generally is, Just play them all. Even if you just play for the denari prize at the onset, you get an excellent sense of how it will go, while winners and losers are not always decided that early, you can see a trend towards leadership in that 20 days. A group that is disorganized, will always more often than not be that way. A group that is structured, dedicated and ready will most often remain that way. While there are exceptions to both, generally speaking those are the norms.

Stefan0820

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 05:49:41 am »

It always depends on the servertime in my eyes. As a player that owns castles and want to play competetive you'll need to have enough time to be online between 10:00-22:00 servertime. If you don't have enough time you need people to take your sub and that's the biggest problem in my opinion - especially on EU servers. Getting a sub that is willing to spend hours to play your account is very difficult. Unless you're playing with a group you know for years there will be just a very limited number of people that would help subbing you. Another problem is the limited sub.. so if you need to fight in the earlygame those limited subdays will rip your head off if you can't manage your account on your own.

I think EU servers are more forgiving as you'll more likely end up on a safecontinent than on US servers. From what I've seen, US servers are far more competitive + time- and moneyconsuming while EU servers are better for casual players.
dogs gonna bark
Pages: [1]   Go Up