How you actually increase the players base...
  • April 20, 2019, 09:04:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How you actually increase the players base...  (Read 1794 times)

BrazenBull

• View Profile
Re: How you actually increase the players base...
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:40 pm »

Grow up. Can you make a point without resorting to bullying tactics and insults?This thread is about growing the player base. This game already had a pretty good player base and it has shrunk and continues to shrink because its a mess. Not because of advertising. Yeah it's in beta....It has been since May of 2015 so i think that your claim that the game is 2 years old is a lie and if we are here to play test and develop the game then why are we talking about growing the player base and advertising anyway?? Get the damn game working correctly before trying to attract more players and launching advertising campaigns.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:29:51 am by BrazenBull »

BrazenBull

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 09:00:53 pm »

If you want to grow the player base and launch marketing campaigns then you need a marketable product. It's that simple and this game in its current form isn't marketable as evidenced by the mass exodus of players in this niche. This is a niche game and a very large portion of the niche has already been here and left because they want to play a finished, quality product. I wasn't complaining about bugs in a beta game. This thread is about expanding the player base and i was only pointing out that we already had a pretty large player base here once, most of whom said they would give it another shot once the game was cleaned up and of higher quality. So there ya go... Wanna expand the player base and retain that base? Fix the game. Increase quality and make it marketable before even thinking of marketing and advertising or the shrinking player base will continue to shrink. I play regardless of the bugs. I wasn't complaining about them at all but if you wanna start talking about advertising, marketing and drawing attention to your product you better have a quality, marketable product or you will fail. It's that simple. Also knee jerk ad hominem attacks do nothing to further productive conversations and the flow of ideas.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:35:01 am by BrazenBull »

Shemirage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:14 am »

This game has a few key problems at the moment, in my view:

First: The global player base is small. The game doesn't reward the average attention span fast enough to be worth playing. So many people come in here, don't see the point, and leave. They just don't get an emotional payback on their time investment fast enough. Sure, there are people out there who will do cartwheels while figuring this game out and learning how to win it, but there are only so many people like that in the world, and I'd argue that group is not a large slice of the overall audience. 

Second: Take the global player base we have available and determine how many of them can actually find us. If the marketing and advertising, etc. cannot reach the global base then the target audience can't find us. Anyone who can't find us can't play.

Third: You need money to play this. You can call it free to play all you want, but in my experience the average player needs to put down cash to be fully competitive. I'd never claim to be the best player, but I've won my share and I think it's obvious most of the players that win regularly could shell out serious cash if they needed too. So at the highest level, if you want play you pretty much have to pay. Once people figure that out, economic factors are in play....

Fourth: The game is still beta. I've only played on 2 servers Beta 2 and World 8. World 8 was won in Nov 2017 and the conversation around bugs/development hasn't gotten any better. Like it or not, that turns a lot of people off.

Fifth: The game is freaking MURDER if you are new. You better learn fast or the clique of good players is going to stomp you hard. If you can't survive the brutality of the game and figure it out you won't last long here. The typical player here is not merciful when you are in the way of their objectives. We're all nice in our own way....but you'll seriously get fucked up if you get in the wrong persons way.

So, in summation....make a Venn Diagram of those five things and you get what I think the problem is. You need a typical player to be willing to play a slow paced game, who has the money to be competitive, is willing to deal with the current bugs, doesn't have a problem learning the ropes against some monster vets, and can actually find us. In my view, that's not a big slice of the gaming world. I'm not here to tell you all how to solve it, but the Venn Diagram excludes too many people from your audience. I would suggest targeting one of those four variables and tweaking it so you get more people to fold in.

Why am I gone? I need to spend too much money to be competitive at the highest level. Maybe you don't have too....but just because you are awesome without spending $20-30 a month (or you can afford it) doesn't fix MY problem. On every world I've played (here and LOU) don't think I've ever been out of the top 20 in Fame at the end of the server...so I fight all the damn time. And since paying a fortune is what I have to do to be competitive against the other fighters, I can't keep playing. There are other games that cost less and give me a similar emotional hit. There are literally 1000's of options that cost less and allow me to have fun fighting somebody. I've won fights and lost them, but that's how I have fun...and I can't pay enough to do it well anymore. Too many mouths to feed in real life. ;-)

Just my 2 cents. Hope you are all doing well. I still love coming by here now and again, and I hope you all figure it out. Who knows...I might even find my way back. ;-)

Good luck!

pedrito

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 03:50:16 am »

As CoolasIce Said, Free Raid/build.

I do not know for an average player like me, but the 10K denari a month for conselors should not represent a lot in % of the revenue
Thus, give it free, and increase the volume of people who can stay (because, without conselors, you are very quick tired of this game in the first week)
More volume, will give them similar amount, because once people get used to the game more, they will pay for use wing to save friend etc.

Regarding game mechanics, correct bugs will help
Animate communauty, create events like daily reward (for instance, world boss level 40, we need to kill with Millions of TS coordinated) , have a smartphone interface to follow thing (to be able to build easily, to recall raids etc)
A better tutorial with content for city2 3 4 in order to guide after the  1000 first point...

of course, if we do not change anything, any advertasing will not bring people there.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up