The COTG Academy (TCA) W11
  • April 20, 2019, 09:02:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The COTG Academy (TCA) W11  (Read 2710 times)

acegolfer

• View Profile
The COTG Academy (TCA) W11
« on: March 10, 2018, 12:43:27 pm »

TCA is a 100% training alliance managed by experienced players. Our mission is to enlarge the CotG player base. Our objectives are:

1. Teach new players the game mechanics: how to build, raid and fight
2. Help trainees join major alliances using our connections

We welcome any new players. We will use Discord chat for communication. To join, please contact Chantille or 888. Or PM acegolfer#2368 in discord.

To other alliances,
1. We are not after the crown because many mentors can't play W11.
2. We will not interfere with your shrines.
3. We will not become a sanctuary. In other words, we will not invite players who attacked your alliance seeking protection.
To sum, TCA is not a threat to you. We will contact you for NAP agreement.

Sh1mrod

• View Profile
Re: The COTG Academy (TCA) W11
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:11:45 pm »

COTG Academy players Being big and flipsiding to alliances in my opinion is not very cool thing to do, they should reset to start at equal level or be banned for abusing the banner they have been under ! see w11 c43.

Its a false and fraudulous way to grow big and take advantage afterward!!
Its also detrimental to gameplay value for other players.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:16:26 pm by Sh1mrod »

Fozziebear2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »

I guess that last post would be referring to me :).

I think there is one critical piece of information missing;  There are two other significant alliances on w43.  I joined one of them.  The other cancelled the NAP they had with the academy a long, long time ago as soon as they saw us growing on c43  (away from shrines as promised).

If they had maintained the NAP, this move would not have happened without some sort of side bar agreement of how to treat c43 fairly.  No diplomacy, though = no obligation to do so.

It's called Accountability guys... every action has consequences and you need to accept those consequences rather than cry about them.

Sh1mrod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 05:03:51 pm »

To me its cheating out, as you have been under NAP banner since december and now you take (unfair) advantage.

I do agree and respect you have the right to switch however being under the banner you have been on, blaming other for being non compliant is just a cheap way out.

Fozziebear2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:19 pm »

Sh1mrod.. Please read my post above carefully.  Your alliance cancelled the NAP.  I'm not saying players violated it... I'm telling you that your leadership emailed us a long, long time ago and told us that you were cancelling the NAP.

I would completely understand your position if there was a NAP.  But there wasn't... and it was your leadership's choice.  If you should have a beef with anyone it's them.

painlestoxin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 10:27:24 pm »

I'm honestly inclined to agree a bit. Though we didn't have an NaP with you, and yes some of our alliance members did attack some cotga members(mostly the ones whom English isn't their first language) and they stopped as soon as we noticed what they were doing and told them to stop that could maybe warrent a warning attack from you personally.

What you did was claim your alliance was basicly a safe haven for new players, to train them to teach them. I think that's fantastic we need new players to this game and to bump up the player base. However, under the banner of you saying you arent after a crown and you are just training people no one attacked you. Everyone, all the alliances let you grow freely and unhindered as you had stated that you had stated very clearly and in no uncertian terms you are not after the crown.  now that you are massive from unhindered growth you go and join an alliance aiming for crowns.

That is pretty scummy though I suppose since you haven't been banned yet you have discovered the best way to grow unhindered in a way that the devs dont care about.

Claim to be teaching new players in a training alliance. Best scam of 2018 so far!

emmabunny

• bunnies rule :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 07:21:33 am »

ok, this is just getting silly.

at no time were any of the experienced players in the academy protected. we all have been attacked actually. just cause you chose to attack new players cause you were looking for easy rss, doesnt mean you actually know whats going on. no alliance is a safe haven. even training alliances.

people cant be stuck in an alliance not going for anything in the end. they need to progress into real alliances battling for something to learn how to play the game. are you saying once someone joins a training alliance they can never leave?

btw, did you know winnin was interested in getting fozzie to join? 888 too. interesting thought that if they had joined your alliance how you would feel about the situation...

can you please explain why fozzie would be banned in any way??? because he moved to a different alliance??? a lot of people then should be banned! or because an alliance he was in had something in their description that said something that you took a certain way and now feel its all a lie!!! :P you may want to look at the TOS of the game

the above is my opinion and my opinion alone. but if you dont like what i say blame goldwolf :P

painlestoxin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

1. We are not after the crown because many mentors can't play W11

This is why, you the bigger players would have been left basicly unhindered and they werent thought to have been competing.

For the new players of course they would go join other alliances, that was the point but they are new to the game. The mentors are not, they know how to grow fast when almost no one is attacking them in any way shape or form.

I would have felt the exact same if any of you had joined us as the start. The whole pretence of growing to train to just jump ship into a new alliance to suddenly compete for a crown is exceedingly scummy. Though perhaps banned was too strong a term, but using the facade of a training alliance to grow unhindered just to jump to a competing alliance should at least warrent a restart, it's basicly finding the loophole in the system. It wont happen but oh well.

The one thing that i hate most about this whole situation though is that no training alliance is ever going to work again. No one is going to trust that any training alliance in the future isnt just going to pull a fozzie.

debuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 02:52:01 pm »

On a side note, I had really hoped the Academy thing would have worked.  It would have been a great way, on every server to train new people as well hopefully get new blood in to a limited market game.  Not sure if that will be possible moving forward with it on new servers.  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:59:47 pm by debuffed »

Adiera

• Community Manager
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 03:48:04 pm »

though I suppose since you haven't been banned yet you have discovered the best way to grow unhindered in a way that the devs dont care about.

In case there is any confusion on this one - Any diplomacy, political negotiations or pacts on any of the CotG servers is man-made by you guys, we don't enforce or endorse any agreements in this domain.

Fozziebear2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »

Geez.  It's amazing how silly this can get.

For the record...

1) Every major alliance in the game, at some point or another, has told me that they'd like me to join them.
2) My reply, when the question has been put directly to me, has always been that I will likely join another alliance if/when the Academy as a separate entity thing stopped adding value.
3) Finally, and sadly... Your alliance hasn't had the military to attack me on c43 at any point in the server, so saying I've grown BECAUSE of the protection of the Academy thing is patently ridiculous.  It would actually have been great if you had.  Way more fun.

Face it... your leadership bungled things on c43.  That's the real issue.  If you continue to just blame me for everything that is going wrong, you're missing an opportunity to learn.

-Foz

ButtleFury

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 05:28:14 pm »

1. We are not after the crown because many mentors can't play W11.
2. We will not interfere with your shrines.
3. We will not become a sanctuary. In other words, we will not invite players who attacked your alliance seeking protection.
To sum, TCA is not a threat to you. We will contact you for NAP agreement.

1) "many" mentors can't play W11 - it doesn't say all
2) Check
3) Check

I don't see see anything that says "academy players won't be joining other alliances". To be honest any good player can just go to a safe continent  and grow their raiding base there. Winnin, WO, KFS, TFN all have alteast 1 safe continent, if they were in some alliance they could have easily done the same.

As for other continents they haven't really "not been attacked", I tried knocking out emmas castles and got my ass beat. Even without being backed by a "proper alliance" she did waaaayy better then any TFN/winnin/WO player I attacked. She didn't have a huge raiding base their either just 4 castles.

So they're not growing big because they are protected or something but because they are good at the game. Tbh a lot of players just don't get attacked, I've been attacked on c22 once and that was pretty much it.

Empreror

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 10:23:31 pm »

How come you didn't just stay in the a academy and attack the other alliance?  That's some piss poor training.

blade95

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 11:02:38 pm »

How come you didn't just stay in the a academy and attack the other alliance?  That's some piss poor training.
The academy itself was neutral and was not attacking anyone as it wanted its players to have the choice to join any alliance they wanted to go to. They defended their players from attacks but did not want to go the offensive from what I know. This was a great idea but the fact is no alliance want the big players to grow freely and want to gain as much res as possible from the small players. I know that 888, emma and fozzie have been attacked by kfs and tfn because they outgrew them and they were able to take down their castles (except emma's :D) as they did not have a proper alliance to back them up. Now I wouldnt want the same thing to happen again and again everytime I move to a new cont and someone will eventually outgrow me and take down my castles. As fozz said above they went far from the shrines and were training their players about how to raid and how to build cities, the players who felt ready for war then left academy to join the bigger ones. The fact is that there is a very high attrition rate in a training alliance for them to organize and fight on large scale which would mean going for the shrines anyway which would turn them into a crown contender. So this is a great idea and helped a lot of new players but now as the world is moving away from the early game, an alliance which only has 3 fixed members and rest all will leave continuosly and only new beginner players will join them does not sounds like a good place to practice wars in.

blade95

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 11:16:07 pm »

To me its cheating out, as you have been under NAP banner since december and now you take (unfair) advantage.
The only way I think they cheated will be if they in fact started the server in December. I will have to write a ticket about that.
Everyone, all the alliances let you grow freely and unhindered as you had stated that you had stated very clearly and in no uncertian terms you are not after the crown.
kfs and tfn did not have a NAP with the academy ever. Win rescinded theirs after they landed on c43. I dont know about dragons but apart from that only Wild Ones still has NAP with them. So I dont know what this free growth you are talking about. Like every alliance TCA also went for a safe cont to let their players grow.
The mentors are not, they know how to grow fast when almost no one is attacking them in any way shape or form.
Again, everyone was attacking them. If everyone had a NAP with them I would agree with you but the fact is 3/5 of the big alliances on w11 had no NAP with them and were attacking either the mentors or the members.

On a side note, I had really hoped the Academy thing would have worked.  It would have been a great way, on every server to train new people as well hopefully get new blood in to a limited market game.  Not sure if that will be possible moving forward with it on new servers.  Time will tell.
I think it works quite well, at least for me, I learnt a lot and also I help others in the academy whenever I can.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up